“Endlessly fighting for your rights.”
Jason Sosa was raised in a military family as his father served in the United States Air Force as a fighter pilot. From a young age, Jason was taught by his parents that through hard work and determination, anything is possible - a principle he has applied throughout his life, in school, in athletics, and in the courtroom.
Jason attended Texas A&M University as a student-athlete lettering on the Aggie Cross Country and Track & Field teams. Understanding the value of education, Jason stayed at Texas A&M University after graduating with a Business Degree from the Mays School of Business to earn a Masters and PhD in Sport Management. After earning his PhD, Jason joined the faculty at Rice University and quickly became involved in the Rice community. Jason realized that he needed more and attended law school at Thurgood Marshall School of Law where he excelled in mock trial, in the classroom graduating with honors, and served as a volunteer in the legal clinic gaining practical experience.
Jason began his legal career helping others through the Harris County Public Defender’s Office in Houston, Texas. Prior to joining Webb, Stokes & Sparks, Jason was the First Assistant with the Concho Valley Public Defenders Office in San Angelo, Texas. In his 10 years of being a Public Defender, Jason has handled various high-stakes cases and has been successful for his clients. As a result, Jason has gained a reputation as a client-centered trial attorney who will keep fighting. He is also a faculty member and graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College. Jason is highly sought out to help train future trial attorneys and to help consult on cases in preparation for trial. Additionally, Jason has earned the ACS Lawyer Scientist designation and has become an expert in intoxication cases through his training at Axion Training Institute and Analytical Laboratory in Chicago, Illinois. Jason is routinely sought out by attorneys for advice when it comes to issues of intoxication and drug cases.
Jason has deep roots in the San Angelo community as his Mom and Dad graduated from Central High School and Angelo State University. He is passionate about serving the San Angelo community and is heavily involved in community youth sports and in his church. One of his favorite outreach activities is to serve the Angelo State Catholic Newman Center and the students at Angelo State University.
- ACS Lawyer Scientist
- Trial Lawyers College Graduate & Faculty Member
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, 2013
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Honors: Magna cum Laude
- Texas A&M University, 2022
- B.A. Business - Marketing
- M.S. Sport Management
- PhD Sport Management
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Associatio
- F-Warrior – Trial Lawyers College Alumni
- What are they Really Saying? Developing the Skill of Listening - NACDL Mid-Winter Seminar 2022
- What’s Your Share? Active Listening in Voir Dire - Indiana Public Defenders Council – Intense Trial Skills Training 2021
- Developing the Skill of Listening – Harris County Public Defenders & Wisconsin State Public Defenders 2021
- Defending Domestic Violence Cases – Harris County Public Defender’s Office 2021
- Cross Examination of an Officer Using the Triangle Theory – Presentation to Houston Bar and Public Defenders 2020
- Strike First, Strike Hard, but be a Peaceful Warrior – TCDLA Presentation 2020
- From the Lab to the LAND of NOT GUILTY: Battling Blood Cases in DWI LAND – Harris County Public Defenders & HCCLA 2019
Honors and Awards:
- TCDLA Rising Star – Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association 2023
- ACS Lawyer Scientist – American Chemical Society 2018