Skip to Content
Over 160 Years of Combined Experience

Personal Injury FAQ

Call Our San Angelo Injury Attorney for Advice

You don't need more confusion from lawyers, doctors, and insurance companies if you have just suffered an accident. At Webb, Stokes & Sparks, we want to help with your case as best we can by offering the benefit of our years of experience. That is why we created this frequently asked questions page.

  • What should I sign for my health care provider? - Don't sign anything that looks like it allows your doctor, hospital or chiropractor to be entitled to your benefits. Most people who have auto insurance in Texas have a coverage known as Personal Injury Protection or PIP. This coverage pays a fixed sum in medical bills and lost wages if you are injured in an auto crash. You should control how this money is paid. You may need to use it for your own benefit as opposed to applying it immediately to medical bills for which you may have some other coverage.
  • What is my personal injury claim worth? - No one's exact claim can be determined before a settlement is agreed on by both parties. You should avoid any attorneys who make promises regarding how much they can recover for you in compensation. Medical bills can be calculated, but factors such as emotional damages or pain and suffering are difficult to evaluate.
  • What is contributory negligence? - Your actions may have contributed to the accident and the injuries you sustained. In some cases, contributory negligence on the part of the injured party can reduce the amount of the settlement award. When you have an attorney by your side, you can better defend yourself from being blamed for part of the accident.
  • "I received an outstanding settlement due to the efforts and expertise of a brilliant team. I could not be more pleased!"

    Truth in advertising is not typical these days, but Webb, Stokes, and Sparks is not a typical law firm. Their attorneys definitely under promise and over deliver. With no previous experience in a personal injury lawsuit, I began the process reluctantly and leery of lawyers in general. Now, at the conclusion, I could not be more pleased. I received an outstanding settlement, due to the efforts and expertise of a brilliant team. Every step of the way, I was represented by no less than three talented and dedicated attorneys, with a combined 85 years of experience. And I was literally carried through the entire ordeal by a compassionate and caring legal assistant. I can truly say Martha, Max, Mary, and Sarah are friends for life. And what amazing friends! To them, I am eternally grateful.

    - Robert Fowler
  • "I realized just how important it is to have an experienced and skilled attorney on your side."
    Guy Choate was absolutely amazing. He was my advocate throughout the entire process and fought to make sure I received a fair settlement.
    - J.S.
  • "When you have been harmed, you need a strong entity to hold your hand and feel secure again."
    These attorneys are so selfless, willing to share and put to good use their knowledge to help you. They are on my speed dial, needless to say!
    - CC
  • "I would not be in the good standing I am today without the help of Mary Golder and her excellent team. "
    I would not be in the good standing I am today without the help of Mary Golder and her excellent team.
    - Chance V.
  • Thanks so much for all you have done.
    - Former Client
  • "Thank you for your investment in me as a young man, and thank you for being a great role model for others to follow"
    Thank you for your investment in me as a young man, and thank you for being a great role model for others to follow
    - Justin
  • "I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your help, support, and patience,during this trying time in my life."
    Dear Mary
    - Former Client
  • "I couldn’t have asked for better people to help us with our case. My family and I are truly honored to have met these wonderful people and to have them in our lives."
    I can’t even express in words what the partners of Webb, Stokes, and Sparks Law Firm have done for my family and me.
    - NJasso

    Personal Injury Claims FAQs

    • Who can file a personal injury claim? - Anyone who has been hurt from another person's negligent actions has the right to file a claim for damages, especially when their injuries cause them extensive pain and expenses. By proving the other person's liability, you become entitled to compensation.
    • When should I file a claim? - The statute of limitations for personal injuries and wrongful death is two years. What this means for you is that you should has your case resolved or a lawsuit filed within two years of your accident in order to be eligible for compensation. If you have not settled your case or filed a lawsuit within the two year statute of limitations, your claim will be barred. Contact a San Angelo personal injury attorney from our firm to start your recovery today!
    • Why do I need a personal injury attorney? - Victims of accidents are not required by law to retain a lawyer, but the benefits are considerable. Those with representation by an attorney recover much more compensation on average than people who file a claim on their own. You should make sure you have a reliable and aggressive attorney representing you against insurance companies.
    • How much does a personal injury attorney cost? - At Webb, Stokes & Sparks, there is no charge for a consultation with our attorneys to discuss your potential claim. If we take your case, you only pay a fee if we make a recovery on your behalf.
    • 6 Attorneys & Over 21 Employees All Working for You
    • 160+ Years of Combined Legal Experience on Your Side
    • Board Certification in Personal Injury Trial Law
    • Max Parker, Guy Choate, and Mary Noel Golder Included in Texas Super Lawyers®

    Contact Our Team

    Put Our Numbers on Your Side
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your phone number.
      This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
    • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy